Tuesday, May 7, 2013

1920s Flapper Dress: In Production

So I've been busily working on a 1920s flapper dress for an upcoming event that I'm going to, and let me tell you, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew.
It's not that 1920s dresses are complicated designs, in fact they are really just two pieces of material sewn together, the less tailored the better. But I decided that I had to have a beaded flapper dress.
Yes beaded. Hand beaded in fact.

Here is where it's at so far:

This photo was actually taken about a week ago, so I'm a little further along but I still have so much to go! I have to add a skirt to the dress which will hopefully leave it looking something like this:



I also picked up this beautiful fabric from my local fabric store (Remnant Warehouse - if you live in the Inner West of Sydney this place is a must, beautiful quality fabrics at great prices and loyalty discounts!):



I'll try to whip up another 1920s dress with this for my friend (if I have time!) probably based on this design:



Anywho, I'm off to keep hand beading!

No comments:

Post a Comment